[hipl-dev] Re: One question for HIPL kernel code

  • From: liang.liang12@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 17:15:52 +0800

Thanks a lot for your nice guidance!

Thanks,
Lyon

Miika Komu <mkomu@xxxxxxxxx>
发件人:  hipl-dev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
2011-06-09 18:17
请答复 给
hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

收件人
hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
抄送

主题
[hipl-dev] Re: One question for HIPL kernel code

Hi,

On 06/09/2011 10:06 AM, liang.liang12@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to HIPL and studying it. I have some simple questions regarding
> HIPL kernel code file locations:
> 1. When I read the "design_choices" document and get to know HIPL is
> implemented using linux kernel module, but i could not find it in HIPL
> source
> code except hipsock. I went through hipsock module briefly, and think
> it's not
> what "design_choices" describes. So the question is where the code is
> located?

the latest release is quite old. While we're trying to get a new
release, please use e.g. the nightly tarball (or use version control):

http://hipl.hiit.fi/index.php?index=source

You'll notice that the design_choices has been removed because it was
quite outdated.

We're offering also binary images here:

http://hipl.hiit.fi/index.php?index=download

> 2. I noticed that "The kernel modifications for HIP are available in
> vanilla Linux kernel 2.6.27 and above." is mentioned in user mannual.
But
> I searched my on-hand vanilla kernel (2.6.39) and find no HIP related
> codes.
> Could you help provide some clue?

The BEET kernel module is widely available on all current linux
distributions. No need to patch.

> 3. I checked the hipd module and found it implements HIP state machine
> in user
> space process. From document "design_choices", I think this is
> implemented in
> kernel. So is there any configuration way to choose user-space or
> kernel-space
> implementation?

If you're working with some legacy system, you'll find the patches in
"patches" directory from the source tarball. As an alternative, the
hipfw daemon supports userspace IPsec.

> 4. In document "design_choices", one kernel thread khipd is mentioned.
> But I also
> could not find anything related with it......

Forget about this, outdated...

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are
not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the
message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.