[hipl-dev] Re: [Merge] lp:~stefan.goetz/hipl/style-check-hook-review into lp:hipl

  • From: Diego Biurrun <diego@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 11:54:16 +0100

On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 08:11:10AM +0000, Stefan Götz wrote:

> Any ideas on how to preserve the commit message? I thought bazaar
> would do this itself somehow (similar to SVN storing messages of
> failed commits in temporary files) but I did not find how. So maybe
> this commit hook could do just that.

This is highly annoying, the same already happens when a commit gets
aborted for some other reason.  The Bazaar people know about it, but
choose not to do anything about it, witness:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/267017

That this bug is rated as low importance is almost an insult.  I think
you will have to find a way to work around it.  Printing the log message
to stdout should already do the trick though.

Diego