[hipl-dev] Re: [Merge] lp:~stefan.goetz/hipl/hidb-lsidb into lp:hipl

  • From: Stefan Götz <stefan.goetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mp+61833@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 07:16:25 -0000

Hi Rene!

[The hip_ prefix]

>> I did not use them because 1) they seem useless to me (or is there a
>> reason why they are necessary?)
>
> You are right. They are not necessary in the daemons, but they must be
> included in the library functions.
>
>> 2) there is no official policy about
>> using them (at least not in doc/HACKING)
>
> I will add this to the policies, once we agree that my answer to (1) is the
> way to go.

Hm. I'd prefer a consistent rule for the complete code base because
code tends to move between daemons and the library. Personally, I
don't think that name clashes between HIPL code and other code will
ever be a big problem which is why I'm not a big fan of hip_  (which
should be hipl_, anyway) but then that's just my gut feeling. But this
is nothing too important - I'm fine with any rule, including the one
you suggest above.

As soon as HACKING is updated, I'll update the code in my branches, too.

Stefan

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~stefan.goetz/hipl/hidb-lsidb/+merge/61833
Your team HIPL core team is subscribed to branch lp:hipl.