Online weather station winds are inaccurate

  • From: Tom Berry <tberry0916@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Harris Hill <hhsc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 08:42:43 -0400

Just a note that the online weather station winds are not working properly. They generally show calm and as we all know, that's about a twice a year event at the Hill.

The other sensors are working and all data is still being uploaded to wunderground, so I suspect we have a sensor failure. That will take a bit of time to order and replace.

The local wind sensor that uses the LED to indicate direction and speed is still working and is probably the better instrument to use when you are on the Hill, anyhow. The webcam still works and the temperature and humidity sensors are working. I'll let you know when the anemometer is back on line.

-Tom
- - - - - - - - - - - - - To send a message to all HHSC subscribers, simply address an e-mail to "hhsc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx". IMPORTANT NOTE: POST PERSONAL INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK. This list is not totally private, as web-searchable archives remain on-line indefinitely. For e-mail address changes or deletion from this e-mail list, contact "webmaster[at_sign]harrishillsoaring.org". - - - - - - - - - - - - -