[hhrug] SD cards

  • From: Bryan <bryanpage1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hhrug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 19:18:23 GMT

I've gone and purchased one of Maplins Raspberry Pi kits, I also
purchased a 32GB card.  When you run the windows application to copy
the RiscOS image you end up with 2 partitions, one that Windows knows
about and one that RiscOS knows about.  Problem... the RiscOS
partition is around 2GB, leaving me with 27GB unclaimed.

I have followed one of the Q & A sites where they describe how to
'see' that missing space:

1. Create a fat32 partition (done with Windows application "EaseUs
Partition Master"), I have named this PART2
2. Put the card in the SD slot on the Pi and mount it with the
following - fat32fs:mount-fPART2:16{>null:}

Nothing happens, I can only see the SD card partition that the RiscOS
image has been copied to and nothing else.

Has anybody else managed to claim the remaining space?

Using an Iyonix Aria Cube running Risc OS 5.16 and Virtual RPC
AdjustSA running RO 6.20 on a PC.