[HFbeacons] Re: 05-Dec-13 Beacons in the Detroit area

  • From: "Marc Kulbacki" <mfk50@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 11:14:33 -0500

Hi Ian,

I'm running out the door but just wanted to say I'm pleased to meet you and I'm
over-the-top jazzed by your IOTA beacon and the pictures and the
writeup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Ian!  Never has an HTX-100 been so honoured! :)

Very briefly, the numbers are the GMT hour that I did a band sweep looking for
beacons.  So yesterday I scanned the band at 21:00, 22:00 and 23:00 GMT.

Certainly not a dumb question.  Bill, WJ5O had the same, especially after he
saw the numbers spanning nine hours last Sunday.  Yup, I wanted to see what the
band did from open to sundown.  It worked out well.  It takes me about half an
hour to cover the band and on the back nine I had little projects to do around
the house.  A very pleasant day actually.

It's an experiment in progress and I'll explain in more detail a little later.

I intend to run a beacon too.  I've always wanted to.

73 for now - m