[head-tech] Re: Visor masks

  • From: neevel@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: head-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 20:55:21 -0500 (EST)

The rule changes will need to be brought before the BOD to be approved for
application in US events. IIRC, for "t section" rules, the FOC will
usually provide a recommendation as to whether application should be
immediate or delayed until the start of the next season. Which means that
we should probably do the same for material rules (especially given the
propensity of certain FOC folks to impose their own
interpretation of material rules without consulting us ;-) ).

For the sake of maintaining good relations with the aforementioned fencing
parents, and since there still seems to be a shortage of 800 N gloves in
the supply chain, I would be in favor of waiting until the start of the
2014-15 season to begin enforcing both the visor and glove rules.

-Dave