Home Based Online Marketing News 5 Common Advertising Mistakes To Avoid

  • From: Roger Schoenwald <rwspub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hbomn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 04:09:50 -0700 (PDT)

HOME BASED ONLINE MARKETING NEWS
"Helping You To Be Successful Online"

A e-zine publication of
RWS Publishing
Onlinesuccessstrategies.com
October 5, 2002
Hello Subscribers,
In Today's Issue

1. 5 Common Advertising Mistakes You Can Easily Avoid
2. Online Marketing Product Profile
3. E-Commerce Resources
4. Subscribers 2 Line Ads
This exciting new monthly online report features cutting-edge
marketing techniques and tactics, plus a monthly live chat
session with Jay Levinson, streaming video, and a forum where
all your questions will be answered by Jay. It's also the very
first foray Guerrilla Marketing has made into the
world of active team marketing.

If we could show you exactly how to generate big profits on a
small budget (no matter what business you're in) would you be
willing to spend just 28 minutes a month learning them?

What if we would also throw in free personal help from the
greatest marketing mind in history and his team of hand-picked
Guerrilla Marketing Coaches?

What if we told you we'd let you TRY IT FOR FREE?
http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/gmb

1. This Weeks Success Article

5 Common Advertising Mistakes You Can Easily Avoid
Copyright 2002 Bob Leduc

These 5 common advertising mistakes cause you to lose sales.
But you can easily avoid these mistakes once you become
aware of them.

1. STOP AND GO ADVERTISING

Many businesses reduce their advertising when they are
getting plenty of sales. Then they increase their
advertising when sales decline. This pattern of stop and go
advertising creates a repeating cycle of high sales volume
and low sales volume. It also prevents the business from
growing.

Develop and follow a plan of regularly scheduled advertising
regardless of your sales volume. Continuous advertising
produces steady growth. It also reduces the time you have
to spend on making advertising decisions.

2. ONE SHOT ADVERTISING

Businesses often devote all of their advertising efforts to
attracting new customers. But they devote little or no
effort to cultivating these prospects for future sales.

Most prospective customers will not buy the first time they
hear or see your sales message. But many will buy later if
you follow up with them. Your follow up can be as simple as
contacting them periodically with a new offer.

TIP: Customers are prospects too. Stay in contact with them.
Find or develop other products or services you can offer
them. It's easier to make a sale to a previous customer
than to someone who never bought from you.

3. COPYCAT ADVERTISING

Businesses often copy their competitors advertising ideas.
This can be effective for a short time. But results quickly
decline as more and more competitors copy the same idea.

Instead of copying your competitors advertising ideas,
improve on them. Create something better - something your
competitors cannot copy.

For example, give your customers a reason to buy from you
instead of from a competitor. This can be as simple as
including a unique bonus only you can offer - or providing
the personal attention your competitors are not willing or
able to provide.

4. SCATTER SHOT ADVERTISING

Many businesses get poor results from their advertising
because they reach too many prospects with little or no
interest in what they are selling. This often occurs
because they choose the cheapest advertising instead of
looking for low cost targeted advertising.

Take some time to research and plan your advertising
efforts. Look for ways you can reach concentrations of
prospects likely to be interested in your product or
service. Then design your message to appeal specifically
to their interests and needs.

TIP: Look for alternative media your competition may be
overlooking. For example, many online marketers have started
using direct mail postcards to generate traffic to their web
sites. It's a low cost way to bypass the heavy competition
online.

5. SELF FOCUSED ADVERTISING

Advertisers often promote facts about themselves or their
products in their advertising. But facts don't sell.
Benefits sell. For example, which of the following has
more impact?

1. "We provide complete marketing services for starting your
own business"
2. "No more time clock. Work when you want. Take long
vacations"

The first focuses on the company and describes the service
it provides. It's boring and unattractive. The second
focuses on the benefit provided by that service. It attracts
attention and creates excitement - and generates more sales.

These 5 common advertising mistakes cause you to lose sales
How many are you making? Apply the information revealed in
this article to avoid these mistakes - and maximize the
results you get from your advertising efforts.
---------------------
Bob Leduc is a Sales Consultant with 30 years experience in
building successful businesses. He just released a revised
and completely updated New Edition of his manual, "How To
Build Your Small Business Fast With Simple Postcards", and
several other publications to help small businesses grow
and prosper. Email: BobLeduc@xxxxxxx  Subject: "Postcards"
Phone: 702-658-1707 after 10 AM Pacific Time/Las Vegas, NV

Sponser 2

After 2 years of planning ...
... THE STORM HAS ARRIVED

Lead Lightning has the biggest names in marketing involved!
Heavy Hitters like: Brian Garvin, Jennifer Ambrose, Fred Stege,
Jerome Chapman, Hans Park, Bob Wilson, and many more!

Don't wait on this one. As you will soon discover, the tools
that Lead Lightning offers are

1) the best investment you will ever make
2) the easiest product package you'll ever promote

http://www.leadlightning.com/index.php/rwspub
2. Marketing Center

I'm always looking for tools and resources to help
increase your profits even more.

Did you know we've paid out over $198,841.69 in affiliate
commissions to date? Yep! And some affiliates are getting
hefty checks this month. If yours isn't yet pay attention
to these 2 powerful resources revealed here...

Here's the story about the first one...

A couple months ago I was contacted by a trusted source on the
Web. He wrote, "Please just take a peek at the website, it's
nothing like what you're used to. It may change affiliate
marketing forever."

"Yeah right", I thought to myself. But I checked it out and I
definitely saw the incredible possibilities it held for many
affiliates.

It's not right for everyone but they have a free trial so I'd
suggest you take a look at it here:
And here's the other resource you should check out...

http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/showcase

Resource #2:
Stop These Deadly Affiliate Mistakes

If you want to know the secrets of Super Affiliates
you should read this comprehensive course.

The guy behind that site has created a very successful
affiliate program directory, and with over 5 years
online, has tried just about everything you can think
of.

You will find out what works and what doesn't work when
trying to make serious money from affiliate programs.

Take a look - you'll be glad you did

Check out all the details here:

http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/affiliatemistakes

Internet Marketing Center
http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/imc.htm

3.This Weeks E-Commerce Resources

The Storm Is Here..Superior Autoresponders, Ad Tracking
Reminders and More...Lead Lightening means Income
for you.
http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com

Here's a little piece of information that I think you will enjoy
- it's titled
"How To Create Automatic Money Machines On The Internet".
This full 7 letter series shows you how to do it -  for free!
http://www.thewarriorgroup.com/cgi-bin/warriors.cgi?2396

Is Making A Living Online Possible?"You bet it is.  Jim Daniels
has
been doing it for years.Click below for a "free five-page
web-based
guide" toMaking a Living Online.  Just kick back, let it all
soakin, and
you'll be on your way.
http://www.make-a-living-online.com/d0804

ARE YOU A SKEPTIC?  You wouldn't be the first to think that SFI
is
"too good to be true.""Well, don't take our word for it!  You
can now
read what HUNDREDS of people from all over the world are saying
about SFI products and the SFI income opportunity.  Go to:
http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/sfi.htm

4.  Subscribers 2 Line Ads
(Support our readers.  Send your 2 line ad
to editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx subject=2 line ads)

Promote Or Die...That's life with an online business
http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/promotefree.htm

How Ordinary People Make with Home Business
http://onlinesuccesstragegies.com

Are You Serious About Improvng Your Lifestyle?
We want only those seriously committed to improvingtheir
lifestyle.http://www.rockett.info

FREE Newsletter shows you how to become a $100,000 earner:
http://www.quickinfo247.com/2698063/FREE

(C) Copyright 2002 RWS Publishing
Roger Schoenwald
rwspub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx