[hashcash] Re: pseudo blog 11-Jun-2004

  • From: Jonathan Morton <chromi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:44:51 +0100

Unfortunately, after I did a smoke test and gave him a quick thumbs up, he headed off to someplace off the net. And, you guessed it, at which point I found a bug with really nasty side effects.

the bug is easy to find, it's extremely reproducible but since the last time I used C++ was about 15 years ago with cfront 1.2, I am mostly poking around in the dark. I need help fixing this bug. This is the last major thing keeping me from releasing Camram 0.3.

It's been a while since I did C++, and when I did it was with the PowerPlant (MacOS) application framework - which could be a bit of a pain sometimes, but still preferable to handling the Classic API by hand. Nevertheless, it sounds like I'm more current than you are. I should at least be able to stumble around relatively productively.

What kind of bug are we looking at, and is the present version on http://emailrelay.sourceforge.net/ the latest? I'll at least have a quick poke around it on my TiBook. It'll make a nice change from the headaches surrounding optimising semi-assembly code.

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
mail:     chromi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
website:  http://www.chromatix.uklinux.net/