[hashcash] pseudo blog 11-Jun-2004

  • From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CAMRAM <camram-spam@xxxxxxxxxx>,hashcash <hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:14:36 -0400

0.3 is almost here. It is ready except for two things. The first is some final testing with the challenge response system using lapo's wonderful browser applet. The second is bug fixing in emailrelay.

this last one is also where I need help. Emailrelay is one of the core pieces for new functionality in camram.[1]. The author has been very supportive of Camram. Recently he fixed some bugs and in the process reworked multithreading, in preparation for adding direct python support for tools like Camram. Unfortunately, after I did a smoke test and gave him a quick thumbs up, he headed off to someplace off the net. And, you guessed it, at which point I found a bug with really nasty side effects.

the bug is easy to find, it's extremely reproducible but since the last time I used C++ was about 15 years ago with cfront 1.2, I am mostly poking around in the dark. I need help fixing this bug. This is the last major thing keeping me from releasing Camram 0.3.

if you can help, it would be most appreciated. We would light your name up in HTML in the site credits. I might even be able to arrange for delivery of some delectable food according to taste.

---eric