[hashcash] Re: RPOW - Reusable Proofs of Work

  • From: hal@xxxxxxxxxx ("Hal Finney")
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:40:33 -0700 (PDT)

Eric Johansson writes:
> on the anonymous remailer issue.  Why doesn't the message originator
> generates stamps for every single hop or layer of remailing?  (Assuming
> of course, I'm not totally misunderstanding how anonymous remailer's
> work.  Maybe a short review is in order)

Yes, that might work better for remailers.  The main benefit with RPOWs is
that you can reuse them, so I envisioned them being handed from remailer
to remailer, and then perhaps included with the message to the end user.
That would mostly make sense if recipients of anonymous messages were also
likely to be senders of them, which is probably not that good a model.

Hal Finney