[harbor] Re: Honest Moblin Thoughts on MIDS

  • From: "Johnny Kewl" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <harbor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:12:00 +0200

Have been doing yet more research on MID/Moblin...

I think the future of MIDs in linux, but its not Moblin, its Debian...

Your MID plus Debian = equals PC in your pocket...

MID + Moblin = Cell Phone

Debian already has projects on the go... until then its

MID plus XP .... I think

I think MS will get there first... and then "true" linux will creep up from behind... same onld story

MID on a cell phone biz model... I think user are no longer that stupid ;)

Its early days... but we watching debian now carefully...

Ubuntu maybe... but it looks like they jumped onto the cell phone biz model, and then got screwed... its now Fedora... something strange doing on there.

Maybe Ubuntu will be a "open" candidate for MIDS still...

This IT industry is something else ;)
The only real POJO Application Server.