[harbor] Gigabyte MID

  • From: "Johnny Kewl" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <harbor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 06:41:15 +0200

http://www.pocketables.net/2008/01/gigabyte-mid-lo.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEdhc264ncE

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Notebook/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=2833

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4mfpc_gigabyte-m528-mid-at-cebit-2008_videogames

Looks like gigabyte is targeting straight linux...

http://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=25972
Guy here complaining about aigo "locked down"

Does support HSDPA
http://www.umpcportal.com/products/product.php?id=170

Seems that it runs on moblin/ubuntu... maybe intel isnt in bed with vodaphone... thank god But does not seem to be able to do windows.... that excludes half the world...
So maybe is in bed with "cell rip"... ha ha

Alot cheaper than Aigo....

So.... mmmmmaybe

Someone just give us a pc in a box! ;) with no catch 22

Most certainly will be able to make Harbor run on the gigabyte... this is a good thing
No windows... I can live with that and Harbor ;)
Using Harbor we can still bridge with windows... press a button XP plays music etc...
So far it look like Gigabyte... Aigo does MS but it give me "celluphobia"

The only real POJO Application Server.