[harbor] Re: Design Approach?

  • From: Richard Johnson <richard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: harbor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:44:32 -0700

Johnny Kewl wrote:
The Golden Rule... always design you application outside the container.

While I agree whole-heatedly, I had no idea the depth of brainwashing I'd encounter from software engineers who don't --want-- to understand how to do things differently. So often around here it boils down to, "It needs to help my resume." Getting people excited about doing more, faster, easier or solving more interesting problems, or even learning a new tool are getting stonewalled by apathy. I'm worried my kewl new design at work is dead and I'm just going to have to do some neat app's at home. (Naturally I'm working on some already.) :-)

The road to heaven is paved with land mines, it seems.
--
Richard Johnson