[harbor] Re: Design Approach?

  • From: "Johnny Kewl" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <harbor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:14:36 +0200

No, a rookie looks at a framework and believes they looking at technology.
A veteran looks at a framework an says, "hang on, I can replace all this crap with 10 lines of code".

The real leverage is in tools, not frameworks ;)

If a framework runs without forcing you to use their foreign language (normal a XML guise), its a tool, otherwise its a training course ;)

As soon as something forces you out of Java and into an alien language... beware ;)

Spring is ok... its now definitely got some serious competition from Suns EJB...

You can use Spring with Harbor, as you can servlets and/or EJB... but why... Harbor is already a turbo charged rocket.

Notice that Harbor is a TOOL... it mixes with the others, if you need them.

Spring I think set Sun off on the right track with EJB... then Harbor came along and showed them they both wrong ;)

My opinion... ha ha

The only real POJO Application Server.