[openbeos] virtualdrive !?

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 22:36:36 +0100 (CET)

Can someone tell me what this:
/boot/home/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/bin/virtualdrive
does in MY home tree ?
it doesn't belong to here.
If it's neded for the tests, as suggests
src/tests/kits/storage/virtualdrive/Jamfile
then please add a 'jam test' rule, but do NOT install things on the build
machine without telling the user.
No wonder now why this box had problems recently if everything gets installed
without notification.
(like apps killing themselves, bdb not even launching... not sure it's related,
but if I want this troubleshooted quickly I don't need interferences from
something else).

At least provide a 'jam clean' which really removes everything, including
things that were isntalled everywhere.

I hope there aren't any other binaries that puts itself anywhere it isn't
intended to ? :p

François.