[haiku] userlandfs hangs kernel

  • From: Lucian Adrian Grijincu <lucian.grijincu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:50:56 +0300

I've been trying to get userlandfs loaded all day and haven't been
able to do it.

I'm using the latest svn for both buildtools (r36119) and haiku (r36329):

I configured buildtools to use gcc4 and I have this in my UserBuildConfig:

----------
HAIKU_BUILD_FEATURE_SSL = 1 ;

DefineBuildProfile vmware : vmware-image ;

switch $(HAIKU_BUILD_PROFILE) {
        case "vmware" : {
                HAIKU_IMAGE_SIZE = 400 ;
                HAIKU_DONT_CLEAR_IMAGE = 1 ;
                AddOptionalHaikuImagePackages Development Pe UserlandFS Git ;
        }
}
----------

I run the build with:
   jam -q @vmware

The build process produces a vmdk which I'm using in VirtualBox. The
boot process breaks at the final stage (the red rocket).

Removing UserlandFS from the AddOptionalHaikuImagePackages list in
UserBuildConfig produces a working Haiku (the boot process doesn't
stop at the red rocket).

--
 .
..: Lucian