[openbeos] Re: udf/makeudfimage v1.0.0 beta 1

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:54:14 +0100 CET

Tyler Dauwalder <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> udf and makeudfimage v1.0.0 beta 1 are now available from:
>
> http://www.dauwalder.net/OpenBeOS/downloads/udf+makeudfimage-1.0.0-
> beta-1.zip

Very cool!

> makeudfimage can be used to create UDF 2.01 images that can then be
> burned

Would it be much work to support other versions as well? And would it
even make sense to do so?
With the tools I have for Windows I can choose what version I want to
write, and AFAICT certain versions have been developed with certain
targets in mind, so 2.01 is of little use for DVD-R/+R (IIRC), in the
sense that it doesn't provide extra features over 1.50.

> makeudfimage currently only supports plain files and directories,
> similar
> to iso9660. Attribute support is coming next.

I am still looking forward to this one :-)

Bye,
   Axel.