[haiku] Re: the new link cursor, and mouse cursors in general.

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 23:41:15 +0100

Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This made me think about whether or not BeOS, and by extension Haiku,
> were
> just using the hand to be different... or whether there was a valid
> reason
> for not using the arrow like everyone else. Sometimes being different
> just
> for the sake of being different isn't necessarily a good thing.

I don't really think there is much of a difference when using the two,
so why not? Why break with your identity for nothing?
Apart from that, the mouse is the replacement for your hand, not a
cursor :-)

I wouldn't mind making the link cursor more obvious, though, although I
haven't actually seen it in use (or have I, and just not noticed? ;-))

Bye,
   Axel.