[openbeos] Re: snprintf?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 01:38:51 +0200 CEST

Evan Anderson <argent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've been trying to compile OpenBeOS so that I can look into
> kernel/networking level stuff.  But I wanted to make sure I could
> build everything, first, and I noticed that my libroot.so was not
> being built because there was no definition for snprintf.
>
> Is this a known bug?  Am I doing something wrong in the build?
> Should I implement snprintf (and friends), and submit the patch?
> I'll admit that I don't really understand the Jam system, but it
> looks like src/kernel/libroot/posix/stdio is where such a file should
> go.  Is this correct?

Sorry for the inconvenience - I recently added an asctime()
implementation that relies on snprintf() to exist, but our BSD based
stdio didn't have it. I've fixed it now, thanks for the report.
As a temporary fix, you could remove src/kernel/libroot/posix/time/
asctime.c from the build (dunno when SF will update anonymous CVS).

Bye,
   Axel.