[openbeos] Re: newos libc

  • From: "Andrew Edward McCall" <mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:16:32 -0800

>OK, I finally clued in and got the current newos libc.(duh!)
>Man!, after coding apps all day, the brain just doesn't want to
work.......

>There doesn't seem to be much done other than string functions
>which is much the same as where I left off.
>
>For a full overview of what I am following as a guide to the full posix
>spec please see:
>
>http://www-sld.slac.stanford.edu/HELP/POSIX/
>
>The relevant listings of posix are under the headings:
>
>-Data_Structures
>-Callable_Functions
>-Shell_Commands
>
>So, as we can see there is a LOOOOONNNNGGGGG way
>to go before the full implementation of posix is met.
>
>Well, busy busy.......
>
>Where do I find the documentation for the thread calls like:
>
>arch_thread_initialize_kthread_stack
>
>etc.?
>
>Peter

I have asked this before on the list and didn't really get an answer.

*Why* don't we use the open source libroot.so from BeOS?

Are there any advantages or disadvantages to using libc?

I think I am a little bit of a BeOS "pure-ist" and want OpenBeOS to be
as similar as possible, and using libroot.so would help this right?

Thanks

Andrew Edward McCall
mccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--