[openbeos] Re: mkbfs not in image [was: Problems compiling haiku in ubuntu]

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:06:03 +0100 CET

Bryan Varner <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Most likely because it's only inside the test sources which aren't
> > installed in the image:
> >
> > [root@laptop /work/haiku/trunk]# query mkbfs.cpp
> > /work/haiku/trunk/src/tests/add-ons/kernel/file_systems/bfs/mkbfs/
> > mkbfs.cpp
> >
> > I guess I could svn move it.

No, please don't - it's a "test only" application. If you want to add
it to the image for now, feel free to do it, though.
On Haiku, we won't have "mkxxx" for each file system anymore; instead,
the file systems should support creating themselves, and there will be
a single "mkfs" application that you can use to do so (if you want to
use the command line, that is).

Bye,
   Axel.