[haiku] Re: is possible make a hibryd beos haiko os?

  • From: kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 08:38:29 -0600

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:32:43 -0500, "Skar Cat"
<skarmiglione.sk4r@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> is possible make a hibryd beos haiko os? with the stability of beos and
new
> tecnologies of haiku os...why ? because my computer can not load beos
seem
> dont have the drivers for mouse and keyboard :S and haiku os is beutiful
> more and more but for now is not suficient stable, is this posible? how
> hard
> is? is legal?

Truthfully A hybrid is not even needed.  I've been dropping in and playing
with haiku releases for years now every few months.  In the past I would
run it for a day or two then an application crash would send haiku to a
fiery grave with data loss and explosions, etc.

Recently I've discovered when applications crash the weird filesytstem
crashes, os crashes, and explosions no longer occur. I've been running the
Haiku alpha release on a Pentimum 4 (2.8Gz) Dell SX270 with no problems for
a few days now.  Activities include checking out the Haiku source from SVN
and compiling it to play with the code. W

hen a 3rd party app crashes (usually a BeOS program) the system lets me
know and keeps on humming...  I am even typing this email from Haiku as we
speak. Mystery crashed processes which used to hang out in the task bar are
no longer present.

I feel a beta is coming soon after all these years :)

What kind of mouse and keyboard do you have? Most should be standard
devices and should work flawlessly.

--Alex

believed to be clean.