[openbeos] Re: im_kit

  • From: Steven Hoefel <stevenhoefel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 09:02:48 +1000

[*fingers crossed* hotmail will only post this to the list once]

Ok, I've just started to bring openssl into the tree... all is well but it's
complaining about <iodef.h> and (I think it was) <descrip.h>.
There is a note in the source next to the #include line that says VMS headers..
or something to that effect.
[I've booted back into windows to write this email]

Anyway... Is there a site anywhere that can tell me what these headers are and
where they are from? All my search results are bringing up items relating to
VMS/OpenVMS, etc.. which AFAIW is an old-school operating system?
...totally confused...
The next library that was required was libsigc++ ... but that started having
template issues in the headers...

Just to explain how I've been trying to include these libraries:
Splitting the source up into code/headers and then creating folders in:
headers/libs/<lib_name>/ [*.h]
src/libs/<lib_name/ [*.c|*.cc|*.cpp]I also started merging the im_server into
the server folder, but will pull this out and put it somewhere else... 3rdparty?

Jam'ing is quite fun once you get around the eccentricities...

Anyway, all help is hugely appreciated.

> To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [openbeos] Re: im_kit> From:
> axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:40:27 +0200> > Steven Hoefel
> <stevenhoefel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > Anyway, I suppose I'd just love some
> clarification on whether my > > efforts> > are legal? (licensing-wise; I've
> also had to throw the latest openssl > > in the> > /libs dir) and whether or
> not the authorities think I should > > continue?> > I don't know the license
> of the IM Kit, but OpenSSL is definitely legal > to add, and probably will be
> added anyway (at least to the final > distribution).> Other than that, I
> wouldn't like to thave the IM Kit as part of Haiku > at this point. For one,
> it's not really finished AFAICT, and also, it > would have to be worked on to
> make it an official API. I'm fine with > having it as a third party
> extension, though; and if it's done by the > time of R1 it might even end up
> in the distribution, but it wouldn't be > a core part of Haiku.> > Bye,>
> Axel.> >
Discover the new Windows Vista