[openbeos] Re: WiFi and Binary Blobs (was: Re: bounties for the new website...)

  • From: Shaka <shaka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:26:33 -0400

I'm against Binary blobs- I like to know what's going into my OS without compromise, especially in this world of spyware, malware and viruses.
I'm sure there are eleMentS out there that would love to see a project like this fail using any tactics possible. I'd rather change my video card or wait for an open source driver.
(A little paranoia is healthy ;-)

power 2 da people!

Shaka

On Aug 29, 2006, at 2:33 AM, Jonas Sundström wrote:

Petter Holt Juliussen <post@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Maybe WiFi drivers could be something to consider?
We only have a couple of drivers, and WiFi - needless
to say - is probably one of the most important things
that BeOS/Haiku is missing.

So how do we feel about binary blobs?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_blob

Devices listed as supported by OpenBSD: