[openbeos] Re: Translator & GIFs

  • From: Olivier Milla <methedras@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 17:00:38 +0200

On 2003-08-07 at 13:41:17 [+0200], you wrote:
> Selon Olivier Milla <methedras@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Hi,
> >   I'm currently working on designing the Themis Renderer and I've been
> > faced to the problem of animated GIFs. Is there any BeOS/OBOS translator
> > for GIFs at the moment ? Is there any Translator guru who could explain me
> > about the way the Translation of animated GIF could be done (if the
> > translator is done or not. Is there anything planned about that ?) ?
> >
> AFAIK Net+ uses its own GIF renderer, besides I don't think the
> Translation Kit has support for multiframe pics.
Therefore, we will have to write our own system. But, to avoid making the
code twice, is there any path we should follow to easy the integration of our
work into a future Translator system (if you plan to get this feature one day
into OBOS) ?

thanks,

Olivier
--
"A man does what he does because he sees the world as he sees it" A.K