[openbeos] Re: Translator & GIFs

  • From: Helmar Rudolph <helmar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 23:31:52 +0200

Andrew Bachmann wrote:

> The Translation Kit could be used for multiframe pics.  When you call to
> Translate, specify the pic you want in the ioExtension BMessage.  This is
> something that is not currently standardized but probably should be, since
> TIFF also has to deal with "multi-page" images.  For more information
> about using ioExtension refer to the Configuration section of the bebook
> page on TranslatorRoster.

Talking of which, something I wondered why no one's done it
before is a web-centric file format, whereby the mouse-over,
down and up states are saved in one file, even together with
the URL reference, so that you only have to place that image
and presto, there is your animated link. Maybe a new place
for BeOS innovation. :)

Helmar