[openbeos] Re: The time has arrived. :P :)

  • From: "unlyrn" <unlyrn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 01:51:40 NZST (+1200)

> > deleting was done extremely fast, which was nice to see, but failed
> > on
> > two directories.
> > I'm not sure if this is a known bug, could it have anything to do
> > with
> > mkdir?
> > making the directory was done via a shell and not using tracker so
> > maybe
> > that was the reason??
>
> Nope. It doesn't matter if the directories were created using Tracker
> or mkdir. Both end up doing exactly the same thing at a lower level.

well, not that it necessarily makes any difference in this instance,
but
there is a difference between the two - creating a folder using Tracker
will set the BEOS:TYPE attribute to describe it as a folder - mkdir
just creates the dir, with no attributes... I ran into this recently
when
checking to see if there were any subdirectories in a specified folder

as above - probably doesn't make a difference in this case, just
thought
i'd point it out :)

David Shipman