[openbeos] The time has arrived. :P :)

Hey guys, this is an official request from the OpenBFS Team. OpenBFS is
now in a stage where it is almost feature complete and it can be
actually be used for testing purposes.

What to expect:

1 - Full read/write support for file/directories (only some minor stuff
missing).
2 - Full attribute support.
3 - Full index maintainance support.
4 - Queries.

What is missing:

1 - Journaling.
2 - Live queries.

As I said above, it is in a state it can be tested. It is not complete
by any chance and, specially, it is not tested. It *CAN* (and probably
will) get you to KDL and as it does not have any journaling in place
data in the partition mounted using it can get corrupted. This is not
for the faint of heart. :)

How to test it?

Get the sources from CVS (I won't explain how, look in the OpenBeOS
pages for an explanation), open a Terminal window, "cd" to the BeFS dir
and type "make" (without quotes, of course).

If everything goes right, a binary file called obfs will be in the
obj.x86 dir. Just copy it to "~/config/add-ons/kernel/file_systems".

To mount a partition usign it, unmount it (if it is currently mounted,
of course) and use the "mount" command line tool to mount the partition
as obfs ("mount -t obfs /path/to/partition/or/image/file /path/to/
directory/where/it/should/be/mounted"

Then just start copying files, deleting files, creating attributes,
removing them, anything you can think of. Your mission is to crash it.
:)

Any bug reports/suggestions should be posted to openbfs-develop@bug-
br.org.br.

Thanks.

-Bruno (OpenBFS Team Lead)

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Democracy is a device that insures we shall be governed no better than
we deserve.
                -- George Bernard Shaw