[haiku] The refrigerator & light problem and an solution

  • From: Mizsei Zoltán (miqlas) <miqlas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 23:33:05 +0100

Hello!

I read the Be Newsletter
[http://www.langston.com/Fun_People/1998/1998AZH.html], where Eric Shepard
write the is_computer_on() function not testable correctly, because there is
lot of problem, and we can't check the return code. But we found the solvation:

We need change the code, and if the is_computer_on() give 1 the ACPI need start
the computer.
(If the computer runs, nothing will happend.)
If the is_computer_on() gives always 1 the computer always will starting
automatically.
But if not, the machine never start automatically. This is the solvation of this problem.

We solved the refrigerator & light problem :D

What You think? This is hard to implement?

Bye!
miqlas