[openbeos] Re: System wide toolbar class

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej575@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 12:44:04 -0600

What about putting stuff like this into a separate library.  beunited, once,
a long time ago, started a project called Flotsam/Alexandria, that was to be
a lib that others could use for code just like this (sorta an open source
liblayout/santa's gift bag type of thing - easily added to a distro, but not
maintained as part of the OS).

If there is some discussion as to whether it should belong in the OS or not,
I'd say start a new Alexandria library on OS Drawer.  ;)  I'll gladly add
the old Flotsam code base to it (although I can't comment on what the status
is of that code).

Deej

On 4/6/07, Pier Luigi Fiorini <pierluigi.fiorini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Maybe putting experimental and new stuff into a new library
(libexperimental?) would be a good idea.
This library could not be built by default and if people want to
experiment new things which will be reviewed/rethinked for R2. At least the
new code wich cannot get much attention for R1 will be already in the Haiku
trunk.