[haiku] Re: Sync Modular (midi instrument) for BeOS/Haiku

  • From: Giovanni Mugnai <musical777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 02:12:15 +0100

2013/1/23 Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 03:54:13PM -0600, Jerry Babione wrote:

> It's certainly a nice app.  A lot of work was obviously put into it.  Pity
> it got lost.  Finding that magic registration code may be a problem in
> the long run.

The magic registration code is here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=275034 and is not
illegal: the Author, Vadim Zavalishin, has issued it for free :-) and
to be more precise, Vadim, after developing of Sync Modular, went to
Native Instruments.. And he developed another software: Reaktor 5..
This screenshot remember you something? :-)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d6/Reaktor_structure.PNG So
we can say that Sync Modular is the grandpa of Reaktor!

> Seems to work perfectly well in Haiku -- aside from the same 'rubber-band
> line' problem I had when I first brought the MusicWeaver over! (Leaves
> all the temporary drawing visible...)

Yes, i've noticed that too. And another thing: you have to set the
sample rate as the same in the Media Preferences of Haiku, otherwise
you will get crackle sounds.

> Giovanni, have you looked at Csound?  It's running like a charm in
> Haiku now, even if it is command-line-only for now.  I'm intending to
> work on some sort of front end for it, but of course it is at base a
> language, so there's only so much that can be done in that direction.

Unfortunately i am from the GUI generation, at least for audio
software. I know that Csound is great tool and is here on Haiku.. A
frontend would be very nice and useful!

Best regards.

--
Giovanni.