[haiku] Re: Sync Modular (midi instrument) for BeOS/Haiku

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 15:05:18 -0800

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 03:54:13PM -0600, Jerry Babione wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM, Giovanni Mugnai <musical777@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> > Thanks to web archive i've found the link :-)
> > For those who want to try, this is the link:
> >

> > http://web.archive.org/web/20111009023246/http://www.syncmodular.com/sm221b_x86.zip
> >

> Thanks for all the leg work...Any utility that adds function to Haiku is
> worth the effort. Haiku forever. :)

It's certainly a nice app.  A lot of work was obviously put into it.  Pity
it got lost.  Finding that magic registration code may be a problem in
the long run.

Seems to work perfectly well in Haiku -- aside from the same 'rubber-band
line' problem I had when I first brought the MusicWeaver over! (Leaves
all the temporary drawing visible...)

It looks rather similar in concept to things like Max and PD on other
platforms [and like MusicWeaver and Cortex in its GUI].  Not sure if
I'll find it useful myself yet.  At the moment nothing can beat the flexibility
of Csound for me, even if that has no GUI at all!

Giovanni, have you looked at Csound?  It's running like a charm in
Haiku now, even if it is command-line-only for now.  I'm intending to
work on some sort of front end for it, but of course it is at base a
language, so there's only so much that can be done in that direction.

        -- Pete --