[openbeos] Re: Sunday amusement

  • From: "P Willis" <p.willis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:18:01 -0800

> Appending the previous e-mail.  I have asked my lawyer friend regarding
> derivative work and that the implementation is original.  The question
lies
> where does the copyright end (plus enforcement).
>
> Does anyone know of other open source effort that has taken the closed
> source, un-modified, header files as the basis of its new implementation?

Whay not worry about this if it arises.
If Palm really gave a rat they would have posted a
cease and decist notice at BeUnited months ago.
Palm doesn't care about BeOS or OBOS.
Even if they did it would be rather bad PR for
them, in the geek world, to start getting heavy handed
over things that they have already stated they don't care about.

Peter