[haiku] Re: Slogan for Haiku.

  • From: Kit <kervas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 21:00:06 -0600

2010/10/6 DarkWyrm <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxx>

> "Haiku: What color is your bikeshed?" :D
>
> --DarkWyrm

I think Simon[1], Justin[2], and DarkWyrm[3] have a good point.
This topic is the blood and veins of a bikeshed.

I propose that this topic be moved to a more appropriate mailing list, to
avoid diluting the Haiku main mailing list any further. This topic has 31
posts so far, plus a sub-thread of 6 posts that also includes discussion of
backgrounds and boot scripts.

Please do one of the following:
a) Move this topic to the Haiku Marketing mailing list. It has been several
years since that list was last used.

b) Create a new (!!)[5] mailing list for subjects like this. haiku-bikeshed
if you will.
Let's accept it: we will keep bringing up bikeshed subjects again and again.
We can't stop.

Let's try to help the working bees we have in our community and keep them
productive and focused.

Speaking of desktop backgrounds, there's a nice one designed by Scott
Pargett a couple of years, ago, that has helped me quite a bit. You can find
it here:
[
http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_beta/details/1223/a_little_motivation.html]
It is available in resolutions up to 1920x1200.

Please do not be offended by my post, my goal is not to hurt feelings, I am
just being a tad bold.

Cheers,
- Kit

[1] //www.freelists.org/post/haiku/Slogan-for-Haiku,5
[2] //www.freelists.org/post/haiku/Slogan-for-Haiku,22
[3] //www.freelists.org/post/haiku/Slogan-for-Haiku,28
[4] I assume this goes to Matt.
[5] I believe that we have too many mailing lists already, and yet we are
not making proper use of them. That's why I put "!!". So while I'm not
enthralled by having one more mailing list, I do believe we do need a place
to vent some of these discussions, which are not quite off-topic, but they
are not "Main topic" either.