[haiku] Re: Slogan for Haiku.

  • From: PHilip RUshik <prushik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 22:14:25 -0400

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 7:53 PM, <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Seems that's becooming standard company philosophy... A quote from
> Eric Schmidt (Google CEO) on their roadmap: "Most people don't want
> Google to answer their questions.  They want Google to tell them what
> they should be doing next."  [NewScientist Sept 18-25, p.19]
> (Gentle whimpering...)
>
>        -- Pete --

Unfortunately, yes. That is the trend. We have been heading that way for a
long time.
However, more OS choices (like Haiku) could begin to change that. The more
people start using different OS's the more they will have to think. Instead
of "Everybody uses Windows." people will have to think "Which OS is best for
my needs?".

 -PHilip RUshik