[openbeos] Re: SK: interacting modules

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 03:50:16 CEST (+0200)

Ingo wrote:
> > And that's obviously a flattened BMessage!
> Well, that is not very surprising, as you're supposed to get a
> BMessage.

Hey, it's from the C function, not the C++ interface :-)

> > So, the kernel *is* able to produce flattened BMessages!
> So what does that mean? I guess, that I can neither implement BQuery
> nor
> the node monitoring functions until there is a kernel that provides
> some
> functionality for that pupose. :-(

The storage kit doesn't have anything to do with node monitoring - it
just calls the kernel functions which are doing that stuff.
But you can already implement most of the BQuery stuff - just live
query updates will be missing, but you can also write most of that
code, too, since the most part is kernel related.
Anyway, you're doing such a great job at the Storage Kit, you should
not be surprised that there isn't that much left to do ;-))

Adios...
   Axel.