[haiku] Res: Re: Open Source Games

  • From: Michael Oliveira <michaelvoliveira@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:47:22 -0700 (PDT)

Ow!! what fast response!!

I checkout this zeta site... I don't knew

but.. all files is in .zpkg typle what I'm not able to run... if only I had
libzeta.so.. or all in a zip file

 Atenciosamente,

Michael Vinícius de Oliveira

________________________________
De: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
Para: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 16 de Setembro de 2009 18:37:33
Assunto: [haiku] Re: Open Source Games

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Michael Oliveira
<michaelvoliveira@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> After a Haiku alpha install, I was searching for a few BeOS games and
> noticed that, well, is BeOS games still (1996-2001). The best game that I
> got was Wesnorth.

Did you check here yet?

http://zeta-games.com/download

Not all of them run on Haiku, but some of the porting work has clearly
been done ;)

> So I compiled a list of open source games for porting since that Haiku is
> now an official plataform

<snip>

> 5 - Bos wars: RTS like C&C! I play for hours! (http://www.boswars.org/)
> Needs compiled SDL with ALSA support.

I see this one:
http://zeta-games.com/remository/view-details/6-strategy/17-battle-of-survival.html

> Then again, I suppose SDL and OpenAL and OpenGL need to be sorted, first...

Well, SDL and OpenGL are pretty much available already...

- Urias

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com