[haiku] Open Source Games

  • From: Michael Oliveira <michaelvoliveira@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:23:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everybody

After a Haiku alpha install, I was searching for a few BeOS games and noticed
that, well, is BeOS games still (1996-2001). The best game that I got was
Wesnorth.

So I compiled a list of open source games for porting since that Haiku is now
an official plataform

1 - Glutboard: 3DEyes already done a sucessful binary
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/38671110@N03/3590783630/); For other hand Haiku
don't have a decent chess game;

2 - UFO: Alien Invasion: This is a real-time turn-based strategy game based on
the classic X-COM series and in particular X-COM.
(http://ufoai.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=Download)
Requires: libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libvorbis-dev zlib1g-dev gettext
libtheora-dev \
   libjpeg62-dev libpng12-dev libncurses5-dev libcurl3-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev \
   libxml2-dev libopenal-dev

3 - AssaultCube: I'm a CS fan ;) and already ported to all plataforms
(http://assault.cubers.net/media/)

4 - Blood Frontier: same as above (Quake III type)
(http://www.bloodfrontier.com/)

5 - Bos wars: RTS like C&C! I play for hours! (http://www.boswars.org/) Needs
compiled SDL with ALSA support.

6 - Flight Gear:  Good flight simulator (http://www.flightgear.org/)

7 - FreeSpace 2: space combat simulation  and released to great critical
acclaim. (http://scp.indiegames.us/) Needs OpenAL

It means that somebody could create a compiler tutorial for porting this games
and a database with dependencies for what

Then again, I suppose SDL and OpenAL and OpenGL need to be sorted, first...

As always, sorry for the bad english, I need to pratice ;)

 Atenciosamente,

Michael Vinícius de Oliveira

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com