[openbeos] Re : FS attributes

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alexandre.deckner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 17:36:46 +0100

"Can  We  Get  By  Using  Just  Files  and
Directories   (Composing   Streams   And  Attributes  From  Files  And
Directories)?"
http://www.namesys.com/v4/v4.html#compose_streams

Couldn't we use ReiserFS in place of BFS ? Doesn't it provide all the
functionality needed?

I also recommend reading this to the OBOS developers:  Future Vision by Hans
Reiser
http://www.namesys.com/whitepaper.html

quote : "Utility  of  an operating system is more proportional to the number of
connections  possible  between its components than it is to the number
of those components."

alex.

PS: i'm not promoting reiserFS, i just found interesting ideas in it :)