[openbeos] Re: Problems building today?

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 01:14:27 +0100

On 2007-02-18 at 23:52:46 [+0100], Jonathon Freeman
<j_freeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I noticed earlier today that my automated builds on HaikuHost started
> failing. The last successful build was at 18-Feb-2007 00:26:36 GMT. I've
> tried to build manually with no luck. Attached is the jam log of my most
> recent attempt.
>
> Any ideas whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

The bfs_shell part of the build system is deliberately broken to the extend
that it should work again. In case of the Volume.cpp which fails to compile
according to your log, the build system uses a good deal of target platform
(aka Haiku) headers although the file is compiled for the host platform
(apparently a RedHat Linux in your case). This deserves to be fixed, but
this is another story... (*)

The problem here is simply that a GCC 3.4.6 for target i386-redhat-linux is
configured as Haiku cross-compiler, which simply won't work (although
ironically, it actually looks a bit more correct in this context). Please
have a look at the ReadMe.cross-compile in the trunk's root directory how
to configure the build system for cross-compilation.

CU, Ingo

(*) As I see it, fixing the fs_shell/bfs_shell build would involve 1) using
the headers/build headers instead of the Haiku headers (porting them where
necessary), 2) adjusting the fs_shell accordingly, and 3) and most
importantly using a modified version of the BFS code.