[openbeos] Re: OpenBFS Progress.

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:11:45 CET (+0100)

> > Does this mean for not indexed attributes you have to iterate
> > through
> > all files?
> It picks the name index as all files belongs to it. So, yes... In a
> way we
> have to iterate through all files (at least they're sorted by name in
> the
> name index).

Yes, if there would be another way I'd do it, but I am afraid there is
not :)

Furthermore we (and BFS also) have to go through all files when you are
using the '!=' operator in a query - so we don't even had to add any
additional code to be able to support queries over non-indexed
attributes.

> > Is this a new feature or is it supported by the original BFS too?
> New feature.

It's a new feature, but IMO it's a bug that BFS doesn't handle this.

> > BTW congratulations to both of you Axel and Bruno and keep up
> > the great work.
> No problem. I am glad to help and I am pretty sure I can extend this
> Axel. :)

Yes, you can, thanks :) And we'll try to keep up.

Adios...
   Axel.