[openbeos] Re: OpenBFS Progress.

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:09:44 -0300

From: "Michael Pfeiffer" <michael.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>

> >Furthermore, [ß-ä] does also work, which does not with the original BFS
> >:-)
>
> /me is wondering why the Be query engine is not UTF8 aware?

Probably due to time constraints. When you're working on a project like BeOS
you have a tight deadline, so some stuff simply can not be done. We can
expend time doing this stuff and others as we don't have that kind of
pressure. :)

Of course we also don't have a QA lab, so we won't be able to test
everything that should, but we will do our best anyway.

> >And, we support querying attributes that don't have indices.
>
> Does this mean for not indexed attributes you have to iterate through
> all files?

It picks the name index as all files belongs to it. So, yes... In a way we
have to iterate through all files (at least they're sorted by name in the
name index).

> Is this a new feature or is it supported by the original BFS too?

New feature.

> BTW congratulations to both of you Axel and Bruno and keep up
> the great work.

No problem. I am glad to help and I am pretty sure I can extend this to
Axel. :)

-Bruno