[openbeos] Re: Newbie OpenBeOS Questions

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:34:37 -0400

>> The FAQs page here should help you out with all of this. :)
>>
>> http://open-beos.sourceforge.net/faq.php

First of all, welcome!

>The FAQ is great.  However, I understand that you're collecting OpenBeOS bug

Thanks!

>reports, but are you also collecting BeOS R5.x bug reports?  Additionally,

Not really. I suspect that we won't make the same mistakes that Be made
(our very own set of bugs! Woohoo!). Basically, if it won't help us to recreate
R5, then it shouldn't go into the bug tracking system.

>the FAQ really doesn't say whether or not the bundled apps will be
>recreated.  Will they?

Most of them. Some notable exceptions are NetPositive, BeIDE and (maybe) bdb.
Those are just more than an OS team should have to do. ;-)