[openbeos] Newbie OpenBeOS Questions

  • From: "Paul \"Bo\" Peaslee" <h2oman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:44:54 -0400

Hi All:

First, a brief intoduction.  Just finished building my Be machine.  Going
through the BeOS Bible, page by page.  So, I am very new to BeOS.  I'm not
new to computers, though.  I'm a practicing Oracle DBA and a programmer with
experience that predates microcomputers.

...Questions...
1) Is the goal of the OpenBeOS Project to create an BeOS clone, down to it's
bugs and quirky features?  Or, will there be some effort to clean up some of
the bugs?
2) Does the Project collect BeOS R5x bug reports?  How?
3) Is recreating the bundled apps (People, etc) a project goal?
4) Is there a FAQ that answers the above questions?

Sorry, if these questions have been posed and answered a gazillion times.

Thanks, ahead and I hope that as the months go by I can start to be an asset
to the project.

Bo