[openbeos] Re: My first attempt :)

  • From: "olli@xxxxxxx" <olli@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 02:13:22 +0100

>Hi again,

Hi,

>Here is a screenshot of my first attempt at the keyboard app.
>
>http://www.h2o.demon.co.uk/images/keyboard.jpg

Nice.

>I am just reading in the prefs now, I haven't done that before, so I am
>learning on the way. It should set the keyboard options on reboot, but
>not in the fly, not until I can find out how the input_server handles
>this (Any hints??)

Sure. Before joining OBOS I made an attempt of replacing the keyboard app by
myself. In contrast to you I
started with the input_server stuff, and never quite finished (I did
dataTranslations then.)
I'll send you my source off-List, maybe you can use it. I believe it was all
pretty easy.

>Can somone give me details on how to check in my code using CVS please,
>I know its not much, but I want to check it in asap.

Well, as not everyone should have write access to the CVS, it is best to send
your code to Geoffrey when your
finished. As your Team Leader (preferences) he will get your code commited to
the source tree.