[openbeos] Re: Mouse prefs

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Open BeOS" <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 17:39:13 +0100 CET

Hi Jérôme,

I've noticed some problems in your implementation with the refresh of
the non-standard items (the separator lines and the mouse image).
First, I when I change the mapping of one of the buttons, it needs a
long time until the interface is updated again (and the "hole" the
popup menu left when it had gone disappears). Maybe you don't offload
that changing by sending a message but do it in MouseDown() directly
after the popup window has been closed?
Then, when I activate the text control for the double-click test, the
above mentioned images flicker like nuts when there is test selected in
that control - I would assume that all widgets are in the same view and
you don't do any updateRect checking in draw. In case the flickering is
not noticeable in R5 - try it with Dano and compare it to the original
app.

Also, the focus text seems to have very little space with my font
settings (Arial/11pt).

The rest looks very good, though! Nice work!

Bye,
   Axel.