[openbeos] Re: More stuff to disagree with...

  • From: "Mikael J." <tic_khr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:52:40 +0100

>Why can't we (the BeOS community) come up with a file format
>(in this case a spreadsheet) that can be read as is by a
>script or web page. In plain English: Why not take that gobe
>productive spreadsheet and either integrate it into the HTML
>page or access it selectively with filters and sorting? Why
>fart around exporting to HTML, writing to MySQL or that sort?
>Why not just create and publish?!

I write my stuff in XML and translate it to HTML using styleesheets
(XSLT). The resulting HTML can then be read into Microsoft Word.

I could even create PostScript output if I'd wanted to, but
unfortunately, I don't know PS that well.
DocBook's a good format (XML, but output to PS/PDF/TeX/RTF/whatever),
but I just -can't- get Jade to compile :(.

Regards,
--
Mikael J @ http://hem.spray.se/tic_khr