[openbeos] Re: Miscellaneous questions

  • From: "Daniel Reinhold" <danielr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 05:45:20 CST

>> >5 - What about all the applications developed by Be?
>> >    Can we redistribue them, or do we need to develop them too?
>>
>> We cannot distribute them I guess, but users can download and use
them
>> :) Standard PE apps should be working fine. Also, lots of these
>> applications could be replaced with improved versions which are
already
>> available from BeBits & co.
>>
>> >    (especially BeIDE!)
>>
>> For R1, I guess we'll stick to Be's BeIDE :)
>
>But how would users download them?
>download PE and copy them over or?
>
>/Brian Matzon

No, he means install R1 and then download BeIDE -- just like any other
app. BeIDE is still available on mirrors of Be's ftp site (as part of
the development tools). If we achieve binary compatability, then BeIDE
from R5 would run fine in OBOS. If not... then we've got to write
another IDE  ourselves -- along with alot of other apps (see why BC is
so useful?)