[haiku] Re: Maintenance announcement for vmdev

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 20:06:14 +0100

Hi again,

On 2012-03-10 at 18:27:19 [+0100], Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I'm going to start maintenance work on vmdev, soon (the VM hosting our Trac
> instance). Several reboots are required, but each downtime shouldn't be
> long.
>
> I'll keep you posted ...

Vmdev is up and running again - now with 50 GB of storage space instead of
12 GB.

While increasing the root disk's size was going smoothly, the attempted
update to openSUSE-12.1 didn't. Most notably, the switch from booting via
'init' to booting via 'systemd' has encountered severe problems. As a
result, I have restored openSUSE-11.4. I'll investigate a more reliable
upgrade path at a later stage (no pressing issue, as 11.4 is still being
supported).

Please shout if you notice anything fishy with vmdev (Trac).

cheers,
        Oliver